Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Italian style Zucchini and Squash


Zucchini and squash are favorites of mine. They are easy to cook and very versatile. My oldest daughter loves them both with onion sautéed in a skillet with olive oil until tender. While she was here during Thanksgiving week, I quartered the squash and zucchini then sliced it into small chunks and cooked it with onion and salt in my everyday pan and took out just enough for her. Then I added some diced tomatoes, fresh minced garlic, fennel seed, oregano, basil, marjoram, and Italian seasoning and shredded some fresh asiago cheese. I served this as the vegetable to accompany most any meat.
It does not take long to cook and the calories are very low. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins and lycopene, which is good for the eyes and the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment